Estilo Moda Bridal will be showcasing stunning wedding dress and bridesmaid dress designs at The National Wedding Show which will be on from the 25th of September until the 27th of September 2015. Estilo Moda Bridal is a Buckinghamshire based top bridal designer that gives brides the opportunity of designing their perfect dress. The Jadé Bridal Collection is for the bride who craves an effortlessly beautiful look. The collection celebrates soft tulles, chiffon, laces, indulgent but delicately intricate beading and statement backs. Find us at Stand M61
The National Wedding Show at Earls Court last September was our first time at the show and it was simply amazing to see how brides just loved our designs and the idea of customising a dress to suit them perfectly. It was indeed a lovely three days.
This time, we will be showcasing even more amazing designs than we did last year from our Jadé Bridal and Savvy Chic Wedding Dress and Bridesmaid Dress Collections. Here are some of the dresses, you can look forward to seeing and trying on in our very own private changing room when you visit our exhibition stand at .
Every bride who attends the National Wedding Show will get an amazing 10% off their Bridal Wear if they book their appointment on the day and one lucky bride will win a fabulous 50% off her wedding dress.
We look forward to seeing you at the National Wedding Show and please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any enquiries at all.
Everyone written about in our bridal wear woes blog posts is delighted for us to share their story with you to get a better insight into how we work and how we help solve your bridal wear problems.
Once we had a bride who told us from the very first consultation that indeed she intended to be a bridezilla :). She said she had waited for so long to have her moment as a bride that she wasn’t going to let anyone make choices for her that she would look back on with regret. I said to her ‘that’s definitely noble but do be gentle’. We both laughed.
She chose her dress easily enough because again she knew exactly what she wanted but when it came to the issue of the bridesmaid dresses, we had a ‘bit of a problem‘. How do you choose 5 bridesmaid dresses for different shapes and sizes and even different everything else? The bridesmaids were all so different and in every way you can possibly think of; looks, personality, fashion tastes, outlook on life, that the bride did not even know where to start from.
Our bride had told the girls that she wanted them all in the same bridesmaid dress and the same colour and she was not changing her mind for anything or anyone. She really put her foot down even though I had already advised that we could go with complimentary styles and colours for each girl. In spite of this warning, each girl wanted a different bridesmaid dress in a different colour and please believe me when I say every. single. one. of. them liked something different. It sounds incredible and the bride was starting to get stressed out.
We started with colour and our bride had already decided that she would choose her wedding colours after she had chosen the colour of the bridesmaid dresses. What a mistake this turned out to be. The bridesmaids were each asked to pick out a colour and of course, they all went for colours that were so different from one another; plus, each of them did not like the colour that the others chose. Oh My Goodness! This was a fun consultation and I could see that my bride was seeing red. At this point, the bride decided that she didn’t want them to pick the colour any more and she would decide on what colour to go for which she said she would do when we had agreed on the dress.
So we started discussing the design of the dress and each of the girls had explained to us the style of dress that suits her and of course again, they were all very different. The bride was starting to get quite stressed out again so we had to step in quickly and ask the girls to each pick out 2 dresses that they would like to try on. Practically all the dresses from our 2014 bridesmaid collection were picked out. There were short ones, long ones, strapless ones, one shoulder ones, lace ones chiffon ones; the whole lot!!!
When each girl had tried on her two bridesmaid dresses, we asked everyone what they liked or disliked about each dress. We took lots of notes and from this, we observed the following trends
Most of the girls did not want a strapless bridesmaid dress
Many of them did not like satin bridesmaid dresses
A few of the girls did not want to show the top of their arms and armpit area. Some even cried ‘back-fat’
Some of them had had children and so had lumps and bumps to hide so they were very averse to anything clingy
A few of them hated the colour pink or any other too bright colours that made their skin look pale or sallow
All of them liked lace (I was shocked that there was something they all loved but our bride made it clear that she could not afford a full lace dress)
I got quite excited because I was getting an eureka moment where a dress had started to dance around in my head that just might work for these very different bridesmaids. I was envisioning a bodice like EMBM11 with the asymmetric ruching across the bust waist and hips but with more of an A-line skirt so as not to hug the hips too tightly but created in a chiffon fabric with a lovely drape quality and soft handle like EMBM12.
This dress would deal perfectly with all of their concerns except for the covering of arms issue and I was also conscious that the one feature all the girls loved (lace) had not been incorporated into this design. In spite of the bride’s worries, I decided to add a lacy butterfly sleeve to the design and give it a bit of a statement back so there’s something to look at if the girls turned around and which wouldn’t break the bank.
Oh, how they all loved this dress. The bride was a bit stunned when each girl said she could definitely wear this style of dress as it had addressed all their worries perfectly and of course I sat there beaming; literally like a Cheshire cat. Result!
Hope you have enjoyed this story about how we can help you find perfect bridesmaid dresses for different shapes and sizes and I look forward to sharing the next one with you my lovelies.
Happy wedding planning and many blessings,
Are you having trouble finding the perfect wedding dress or other types of bridal wear for your big day? Do come in and have a session with us and the result typically is that you are equipped with the knowledge you need to make that big decision and if you decide you would like for us to create your wedding dress or bridesmaid dresses, then even better! Send us a message to ask your questions.
We received this card and a long note from EM Bride Carrie recently and I have to say that it made our day. We try to do our best and can only hope its enough. That’s what I said to her and its true. I’m glad she had such an amazing experience with us.
In her letter, Carrie said “I just wanted to thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. Firstly, I want to say thank you for accepting to create the beautiful bridesmaid dress that I found, I was so upset to find out that I wasn’t able to get these beautiful dresses for my bridesmaids, due to being told incorrect info from another shop, but then I found you! During our first meeting, you made me feel so comfortable, and assured me you would be able to create the exact dress I wanted, in various colours, you filled me with confidence and excitement!! All the girls looked so beautiful and the different colours just looked amazing together.
A couple of months down the line, I came to you, again, in despair, as I had had a nightmare with my dream dress. Again, you filled me with hope that you would be able to create my dream dress. I was so so lucky to find you as when we sat down to discuss our options, you ended up designing my very own couture dress, just for me. The design of my dress, included features of two dresses I liked, all combined in one. You listened to what I wanted but also gave me your opinion, which I valued very much.
I couldn’t have been happier with my dress Lisa and thank you wholeheartedly. Can you also pass on thanks to Emily, who made the last minute adjustments for me, on more than one occasion!!!…”
This is the sketch I created of Carrie’s stunning Mikado and Tulle Mermaid Wedding Dress after the first wedding dress consultation that I had with her.
Here are some more pictures of Carrie and her gorgeous bridesmaids. Estilo Moda Bridal created all their dresses for the day.
Hope you have enjoyed Carrie’s wedding pictures.
Happy wedding planning and many blessings,
If you love Carrie’s tulle mermaid wedding dress and would like us to create something similar for you, then do please contact us.
Our bridesmaid dress of the week is the stunning navy blue sequin bridesmaid dress, Faye that would be perfect for a really glam look for your bridesmaids. This is not a dress to be worn if you are not having a seriously formal do. Faye has been featured this week because she has been ever so popular with brides wanting their bridesmaids to look
Dress Name: Faye
Collection: Jadé Bridal
Description: Faye has a stunning V neckline blue sequin bodice with a deep V open back detail. Her skirt is a multi-layered tulle a-line skirt that would look even amazing as a wedding dress if created in ivory.
Colours Available: Over 100 different colours from our extensive sequin fabric colour collection
Click Here to see more pictures of other bridesmaids dresses in our collections.
Happy wedding planning and many blessings,
If you like Faye or any other Bridesmaid dresses you have seen from our collections and want to try some on or get more ideas for your dream bridesmaid dresses or wedding dress, then please contact us today for your very own personal consultation.
EM bride, Faye and her stunning lace V neck wedding dress and four beautiful chiffon one shoulder bridesmaids dresses are the subject of today’s bride spotlight.
We are really pleased to be sharing pictures from the wedding of this really lovely lady who we met through her sister, Estelle. Estelle is an amazing makeup artist who we have worked with in the past and who we would always recommend to anyone looking for makeup artistry in this area. She brought Faye to us when Faye was looking for a wedding dress and I was really pleased by how much faith Faye had in us right from day one. She explained her ideas to us and showed me a dress she had seen on our page of another EM Bride; which she said she had fallen in love with. We tweaked the design slightly to make it even more perfect for Faye and we came up with this sketch:
Faye’s dress was created with a beautiful ivory corded lace fabric that had a medium weight handle so it could have structure and at the same time drape beautifully. Her bodice had a V Illusion neckline with cap sleeves and a sweetheart neckline shaped satin lining underneath. She had a beautiful A Line silhouette skirt that clung and skimmed in exactly the right places to give Faye the comfort that she said she wanted in her dress and she had a beautiful embellished satin sash which she tied into a bow at the back. On one of Faye’s fitting days, Estelle asked us if we had an identical crystal appliqué to the one we had used to create Faye’s satin sash and this she used to create a beautiful headpiece for Faye. We thought the combination looked stunning.
Faye came back to us to let us know that she also wanted us to create her bridesmaids and flower girl’s dress which were to be in a different pastel colour for each of the four dresses. I really loved this idea as each bridesmaid was allowed to choose the colour she was happiest with. Faye and Estelle showed me pictures of a bridesmaid dress and flower girl’s dress that they had seen and thought we could use for inspiration and we created these sketches to show them what we thought we could achieve
Here are some more pictures from the big day featuring Faye and her bridesmaids looking absolutely stunning.
We had such a lovely time with Faye and her bridesmaids every single time they came to see us. There were many laughs and not ever a bridezilla moment. We wish Faye all the best in her marriage and a life full of joys and blessings.
Lots of love from us all at Estilo Moda.
Omo and EM team xxx
I hope you have enjoyed reading through our experience with Faye and her bridesmaids. If you would like for a dress to be designed for you and/ or your bridesmaids, then please do not hesitate to contact us.
This merry month of May, our bridal special offer is a Free Matching Colour Cravat or Tie with Every Bridesmaids Dress if you order Three or More Bridesmaids Dresses this Month of May 2015. The offer closes on the 31st of May 2015 and cannot be combined with any other offer. The offer is applicable to new orders only for 3 or more bridesmaids dresses. Terms and Conditions Apply.
See our Bridesmaids Dresses and contact us to ask us a question about your bridesmaids dresses or our bridal special offer of this month.
The issue of shopping for bridesmaid dresses as easy as it should be, can sometimes be a minefield for brides. We have seen many brides who have had no problems finding and selecting their own wedding dresses but have found themselves in floods of tears and tied up in anxiety with regards to choosing their bridesmaid dresses. I will address seven of these problems and the solutions to them to make bridesmaids shopping a lot easier to find the perfect dresses for the wedding.
1. Have an Idea of the Design of Bridesmaid Dress You Want: With the advent of sites like Pinterest, brides are finding it easier to shortlist the things that will work perfectly with their style and theme of their wedding. The bridesmaid dresses should also fall under this category. I always advise brides that before their bridesmaid consultation, they take a look online and in magazines, to see the styles of dresses that they love and print off pictures of these or save the images on their smart phones to show to us at the consultation. This serves to save a lot of time and typical headaches that come of not knowing what you want. We have seen where bridesmaids have tried on so many different styles of dresses and still the bride does not know what she wants because she was not adequately prepared in the first place.
2. Set a Realistic Budget: Some brides set a budget that is way too low for their expectations for their bridesmaid dresses. We always ask the brides for their budget during the initial consultation process and if we find that her budget is unrealistic, we very gently let her know. We then we guide the bride and bridesmaids around the dresses that are as close to their budget as possible and usually, they find a dress that ticks all the boxes without breaking the bank. Bridesmaid dresses come in at different price points at various stores. Brides need to do a little research into what they are able to afford before the hit the shops with their bridesmaids. It can be quite disheartening to find the perfect bridesmaid dress and then see that the price tag is way out of your budget.
3. Start Your Bridesmaid Dress Shopping Early: When it comes to wedding planning, leaving any part of it to the last minute is a recipe for disaster. I say to the brides that the earlier you plan, the easier it is for you to create as perfect a wedding day as possible and the later you plan, the more you find you have to settle for things. With bridesmaid dress shopping, the norm is to go round a few bridal houses to try on different designs until everyone can agree on the best dress. It is important to note that the dresses then have to be ordered by the bridal shop from the designer or in our case, created from scratch. This ordering or creation process would typically take 6 months and then the bride also has to take into consideration the time necessary for the fittings and the alterations which would take anything from 4 to 8 weeks. To reduce the stress on the bride as the wedding draw closer, we recommend that the bridesmaid dresses early enough so that they are ready and fitted at least a month before the wedding and then everyone can relax.
4. One Style Sometimes Does Not Suit All: Women come in all different shapes and sizes and the idea that a certain design will suit every single bridesmaid is another issue that causes problems for brides and their ladies. There are some dress styles and some fabrics such as A-line dresses and chiffon fabrics that are more forgiving than others. Otherwise, it may be an idea for the bride to choose the same fabric and same colour and allow the bridesmaids to design or choose dresses that suit each of them and they feel comfortable in and complement one another.
5. Choosing the Right Colour: Again, this is another issue that some brides have struggled with. Certain women feel they look more beautiful in one colour over another and I do agree. Girls who are pale sometimes don’t look as beautiful as they are when they wear dresses that are light coloured such as nude or blush pink. We always advise that the bridesmaids all try different designs to start with and work out which design works best and then each of them try dresses that are the same colours of the bride’s choices and the colour that works best for everyone will be the winner. In some other cases, where the bride is willing, bridesmaids have all chosen different shades and hues of the same colour that suits them best and this looks beautiful also.
6. Note Important Terms and Conditions: This is a problem many people and not just brides have; ‘reading small print’. We once had a bride who failed to read the terms and conditions which included information about fittings and alterations. Two of her bridesmaids went up in size and their dresses did not fit them as their measurements had changed significantly. The bride failed to read the conditions that said we are unable to increase the size of certain styles of dresses such as chiffon dresses because of how they are constructed. She thought it would be a really easy task to just whip out the machine and fix them. Unfortunately, this was not the case and while she was happy with the solution that we provided to her to remove the stress on her, she had to agree with us that she would have better prepared her bridesmaids if only she had read the terms and conditions properly before signing it. There are so many points with the terms and conditions of the bridesmaid apparel that brides must take note of so that they are able to work with their bridesmaids and the bridal shop or designer to ensure that a good experience is enjoyed by everyone.
7. Enjoy the Shopping Experience: Finally, don’t be a bridezilla during the period. The bridesmaids will have to give up their time and sometimes their resources to ensure that they spend this valuable time with you while you are looking for the bridesmaid dresses. While it is an honour that you have asked them to be your bridesmaids, it is also a privilege that they have agreed. Therefore, the bride has to make sure that it is fun for them and enjoy the whole process of trying on dresses, choosing colours, taking measurements, fittings and so on. Go for lunch or drinks before or after every bridal appointment and discuss the experience and any important facts to note. Involve them in the choosing process and listen to their concerns or reservations about certain dresses, colours or anything else. Make them feel special and you will be sure to find the perfect dresses that everyone is happy with.
I hope this helps you with your bridesmaid dresses shopping.
Happy wedding planning and many blessings,
Estilo Moda Bridal is a Wedding Dress and Bridal Wear Designer based in Milton Keynes Buckinghamshire that designs and creates dream wedding dresses and other bridal wear for brides all over the United Kingdom and worldwide.
Speak to us about trying on some of the stunning wedding dresses and bridesmaids dresses we have in our collections priced at different points to make it easy to match your budget. You may also prefer for us to create a bespoke wedding dress or some bridesmaids’ dresses for you based on designs that you may have seen and would like to combine different features of. We work with all the best fabrics that some of the biggest bridal designers in the industry use and we also have over 1000 colours in different fabrics so you will be spoilt for choice.
To contact us, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01908925152 and let us know your bridal wear requirements.
Our Bride Spotlight this week is on Laura Jeffery, who came to us for her lovely dusky pink chiffon Bridesmaid dresses.
Laura and I met many years ago while working together. From when I met her, I thought Laura was a lovely girl and how right I was. After setting up this company, I was so excited to hear that Laura wanted to come to Estilo Moda Bridal for her Bridesmaids dresses. Laura came in and we immediately got to work with designing her dream dusky pink chiffon Bridesmaid dresses. We started out by designing a stunning chiffon one shoulder long length style with flowers on one shoulder. However, after Laura saw our 2014 Bridesmaids Collection, she fell in love with a similar one shoulder design that we created for that collection and decided on that instead for her lovely ladies.
Laura’s wedding colour was Dusky Pink, which is very close to our hearts at Estilo Moda as this is one of our brand colours so designing such a dress for us meant even more as dusky pink is one of my all time favourite colours. Here are some beautiful pictures from Laura’s special day:
Every single time Laura came into the shop with her bridesmaids, we always had a laugh and such a lovely time. On the day Laura came to see the dresses for the first time, there were tears but really happy tears and she really loved them all. The girls looked so beautiful in their Dusky Pink Chiffon Bridesmaid Dresses and we are so happy with the outcome.
Laura has since decided to start a wedding styling business as she did such an amazing job with styling her own wedding. She also very kindly gifted us 4 stunning birdcages that have featured on the shop floor and will be going with us to wedding exhibitions as we love them so. We have already started to give Laura some beautiful craft jobs for us to enhance the bridal experience we give our brides and we will contiue to support her growing business however we can.
Here’s what Laura had to say “Thank you again for the amazing bridesmaid dresses. The girls looked fantastic and everyone said how beautiful the dresses were. The whole Estilo Moda Bridal experience was excellent. I can’t thank you enough. Love, Laura xxx”
I hope you have enjoyed seeing Laura’s beautiful pictures and Dusky Pink Chiffon Bridesmaid Dresses.
Many blessings and happy wedding planning,
If you would like a beautiful bridesmaids design created for your leading ladies, then please contact us[gravityform id=”1″ title=”true” description=”false”]